Ensure Better Clinical Outcomes and Reduce your Risk!
Endodontic studies generate high resolution scans to capture the relevant features, increasing the potential for missed findings. BeamReaders Oral and Maxillofacial Radiologists review the entire scan volume for pathology ensuring you are covered. BeamReaders radiology reports can free you from the logistical burden of CBCT reporting, reduce your liability risk, and help you identify or confirm information on your patients scan to ensure you develop a precise treatment plan.
Please remember that when you provide clinical information (e.g. vitality testing, periodontal probing, dental history, etc.), BeamReaders radiologists can provide even better support!
Let us show you what you are missing!
CBCT can often identify entities that can be difficult to detect with intraoral radiographs such as: lateral canals, cemental tears, and radiographic features that differentiate malignancy from infection.
An Image Portfolio combined with our Radiology Report is the tool to communicate imaging results to your patients, and helps them clearly visualize their condition, your diagnosis, and the goals of your treatment plan. An Image Portfolio can help patients accept your treatment!
Example images from an Image Portfolio below.
Take a look at some of our example reports below:
BeamReaders Radiology Reports describe endodontic findings in detail, including:
- Confirm/rule out odontogenic origin of anomalies
- Evaluate the PDL space
- Identify/rule out periapical/radicular pathosis
- Identify/rule out periodontal pathosis
- Evaluate the Lamina Dura/identify cemental tears
- Identify complex/unusual root anatomy
- Identify/rule out radiographic evidence of root/coronal/alveolar fracture
- Identify/rule out root resorption
- Internal vs external
- Apical vs cervical
- Identify proximity to and effect on adjacent anatomical structures (e.g. cortices, sinuses, mandibular canal, incisive canals, etc.)
- Specific to Pre-RCT evaluation
- Identify canal configuration
- Identify the presence of moderate to severe calcification of the pulp chamber/canal(s)
- Specific to Mid/Post RCT evaluation
- Identify/rule out unfilled canal space
- Evaluate access/obturation/post angulation
- Identify perforations
- Specific to Pre-surgical evaluation
- Findings listed under “Specific to Mid/Post RCT evaluation”
- Assessment of potential surgical region
Recommendations for use of CBCT in endodontics can be found in this joint AAE and AAOMR position statement including these comments:
‘The advent of CBCT has made it possible to visualize the dentition, the maxillofacial skeleton, and the relationship of anatomic structures in three dimensions.’
‘Previous findings have been validated in clinical studies in which primary endodontic disease detected with intraoral radiographs and CBCT was 20% and 48%, respectively.’
‘If a clinician has a question regarding image interpretation, it should be referred to an oral and maxillofacial radiologist.’
A BeamReaders Oral and Maxillofacial Radiologist can help you get the most information from your limited FOV CBCT imaging!
Communicate with Your Referring Doctors and Improve Treatment Plans
- Case Share allows you to connect with your Referring Doctors and any other treatment partners involved in the patient’s care.
- Securely and in a HIPAA complaint manner share all the patient’s imaging files and discuss with your treatment partners.
- Case Share is included free of charge with every radiology report or image portfolio.
- Case Share allows you to stand out in your dental community as a technology and care leader which drives more referrals to your doorstep.