TMD & Sleep Dentistry Imaging 1
Provided by BeamReaders and Big Sky Seminars
$1,295.00 - Early Bird Special
Date and Time
November 4th and 5th, 2017
8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista
11400 Marbella Palm Ct. Orlando, FL 32836
The IAMI TMD and Sleep Dentistry Series is a structured learning experience created to provide the clinician with core TMD/Sleep dentistry imaging knowledge. Each course builds the foundations of knowledge for the following course.
TMD Imaging Level 1 explores the interaction between the TMJ and upper respiratory tract, and aims to help the participant understand these structures and their interactions, and how abnormality in one can lead to abnormality in the other. Normal CBCT anatomy as it pertains to TMD diagnosis and airway analysis for sleep dentistry purposes will be reviewed as well as MRI evaluation of the normal TMJ. This intensive two-day course gives the participant the foundational knowledge for CBCT evaluation and aids in identification of abnormal by presenting normal anatomy and biomechanics.
- To familiarize the participant with the normal anatomy of the major contributors to TMD, orofacial pain, and obstructive sleep apnea
- To create radiographic correlates to the anatomical structures mentioned above
- To teach the participant to navigate through a CBCT volume identifying the relevant anatomy
- To increase comfort with evaluating TMJ MRIs
- To correlate the anatomy and the biomechanics and physiology of the TMJ and airway
Outcomes for TMD Imaging, Level 1
- Learning to identify normal radiographic anatomy will increase identification of radiographic abnormalities
- Understanding how the anatomic structures correlate to function and dysfunction will improve treatment outcomes
- Increased familiarity with advanced imaging techniques will enhance utilization of these techniques to reach the correct diagnosis
Description of Teaching Methods
This course will utilize lecture, hands-on and demonstration. This is a two day, hands-on course with audience response system (clickers). Participants should bring their own laptops with their familiar DICOM viewing software installed, as well as an external scroll mouse. An anonymized patient's CBCT scan (16cm field of view) will be distributed. The instructors will show graphic representations of each anatomic structure being reviewed, pausing after each one to show the participants how to find the structure on the patient's scan. Normal anatomic MRI appearance of the TMJs will be discussed. Biomechanics of the TMJ and physiology of the upper respiratory tract will be covered.
15 CE Credits will be given.
Date and Time
November 4-5, 2017
8:00 AM-5:00 PM
A block of rooms has been reserved at the event site for November 3, 2017 - November 5, 2017. The special room rate of $129.00/night will be available until October 3rd or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. Make your reservation online.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Full refund is available through October 1, 2016 by requesting a refund via e-mail. 50% refund is available through October 21, 2017
For additional information, contact Dr. Dania Tamimi at IAMI@beamreaders.com
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA CERP though joint sponsorship between Big Sky and BeamReaders, Inc.
Big Sky Seminars designates this activity for 15 hours continuing education credit.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credits hours by Boards of Dentistry.
BeamReaders receives no commercial support for this course.
Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to ADA CERP at www.ada.org/goto/cerp